Posted by: minii | 2011-03-30

hi i''m 44yr FEMALE and have been snoring for a while....but lately its disrupting my life, i''m told that i''m choking and i''m also short breathed. i feel very tired during the day, i find that i have to wake myself up because i can hear myself snoring,choking. i use to have a problem with nosebleeds, i''m not overweight, but i''m on cozaar comp for HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE.....PLEASE ADVISE, as this is very embrassing and complicating my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Minni

You need an ENT examination to find a possible cause. It may be as simple as a nasal allergy causing excessive post nasal drip. It is possible that a cause can be identified that may be easily corrected.