Question
Posted by: sm | 2011/01/28

help

how can one change behaviour when you're not able to use language , my son throws tantrams .. I know that he wants thing that sometimes he can't have ..

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

The most powerful "language" is the unspoken. Your son has probably learned to read your facial expressions and body language like a pro. Become aware of how you typically react to him when he is behaving badly. If your normal reaction is to go to him and pick him up, the action to change his behavior would be to turn your back and ignore him. Children always do what gets attention, if you don't pay him attention he will need to change strategy. When he behaves, reward him with hugs and praise.