Question
Posted by: Sar | 2011/01/11

Help

hi Dr
i need some advice, i am 31, have a 3 1/2year old and a 18month old.i feel i am loosing my sanity, i am an accountant, and for the past 6 months or so my memory has deteriorated where i can barely remember stuff my memory used to be excellent, i am employed fulltime and kids are at playschool during the day, i actually dont know what is happening with me, please help, i am at my wits end,

Your mental skills can indeed be disrupted by such stress. You don't mention a husband - if there is one, couldn't he share some of the chores and pleasures of caring for the kids and running the house ? Where a wife works, such tasks should be shared fairly.
I wonder whether there might be an element of PND, Post-Natal Depression, here - a good GP or shrink could check for this - it can cause the symptoms you describe, and responds well to treatment, by medication and/or CBT style counselling.

1