Question
Posted by: jodine | 2011/01/11

help

HI DOC

i seem to suffer from stress and anxiety recently becoming worse because i get dizzy in my head. i went for anemia, bp, sugar tests and thyroid all is normal what do i do

Anxiety can usually be recognized in its own right, but the diziness, though a common feature of anxiety, may be what led your docs into checking out other possible causes.
As Liza says, CBT is an excellent way of treating anxiety and giving you back control over these symptoms and better ways of avoiding and handling stress. IF it fails, there are various meds used to help it, including some also used in treating depression.

2
Posted by: Liza | 2011/01/11

I suggest that you find a CBT-style therapist to work on your anxiety. If the problem is extreme, the therapist might refer you to a psychiatrist for medication to help control the problem.

I used to suffer from severe anxiety and had frequent panic attacks. CBT(Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) helped me so much that I no longer need tranquillizers.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza