Question

Help

My mother has been diagnosed with Biolar and Major Depression. She has chronic back pain, hypertention and all sorts of illnesses that are associated with stress. I feel weak now, i have been trying to be strong for both of us , but it''''s wearing me down now. any advise.

You can't be strong enough for both of you, and it doesn't help to try. Make sure your mom is seeing a proper psychiarist locally for assessment and treatment, and encourage her to stick with it and work towards impovement. You can encourage, but you can't do it for her.
Meanwhile, look after yourself - don't add her stress, whatever it's sources, to your own.

2

Posted by: lizard | 2010/11/26

how old are you and your mom

Reply to lizard