Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2010-11-01

Help

Dear Doc

I have the most irritating tickle in my throat (only on the right side next to me ''''adams apple) that I get randomly (upright or lying down makes no difference) and then have a coughing fit that leaves me totally breathless. I have a completely clear nose - no congestion or discharge at all. No cold symptoms at all.
I am an asthmatic and use seretide, but I have defin found that my chest has been tight despite using my preventer as always. I need my reliever at least 3-4 times a day.

It was suggested that it is sinusitus - but I have no nose problem at all.
I dont cough in between ''''tickles''''. Can you shed some light as to what this can be and what the solution will be?

Hallo BMJ
You need to maybe see an ENT specialist. This could be due to something on your vocal cords, acid reflux, or irritation of the nerve that supplies the larynx. Further tests are needed - at least a good look down your airway for starters.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-01

Hallo BMJ