Question
Posted by: pam | 2010/09/02

help

Hi I am a 52yr old I had a hysterrectomy and I am going through memapause I have gained weight around my waist and breast please help any suggestions how I can loose this fat I know alot has to do with the hormones and water retention

thanks
Pam

Dear Pam
Having a hysterectomy and going through the menopause can cause weight gain which needs to be counteracted by taking active steps to lose weight. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for 30 or more minutes a day. If you find that you are still retaining water, discuss this problem with your gynae who may prescribe a mild diuretic.

1

Dear Pam