Question
Posted by: anon | 2010-08-16

help

I am morbidly obese and to everyone else i come across as a disgusting, fat, slob who knows no self control. Well they''''re right....i am a disgusting, fat, slob who knows no self control and i hate myself. I hate myself for allowing myself to die a slow, lonely, death

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hi Anon,

It is sad that you have formed such a terrible view of yourself. Although you might have received some or perhaps much criticism in your life, I very much doubt that EVERYONE shares your opinion of yourself. If you are not already receiving some professional help, I suggest you do so now and allow your therapist to teach you to be more loving to yourself. It is going to start with you learning to love your self more. Ultimately, you will need to consider allowing others closer, but you will have to learn to first trust yourself more. You say that you are morbidly obese. If you truly are, start with introducing some healthy lifestyle habits (healthy eating, exercise, good sleep, social life, etc.) and be realistic in your time expectations for seeing improvements. However, don’t give up, but stick it out and stick with your support, both professionally and personally. Hope that helps.

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010-08-17

Hi Anon,

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert