Question
Posted by: MINK | 2010-05-27

help

i need a referral to a child therapist to help my 6 and 3 yr old with questions i cannot answr on behalf of the father who wants a divorce and is always absent and withdrawn suddenly. I cannot answr them and want to take them to child pshyc ALSO could you refer me to sum 1 who can help me deal with my husb strange behaviour while i wait for him to serve me with divorce papers. I am unemployed and while he would pay for the kids i am not sure he would pay for my theraphy is there anything avail for free for a woman in my position.

A question is whether you need the assistance of a counsellor experienced in working with kids, or child shrink, to talk with the children, or to talk with you ( probably the better option )to help you to plan how YOU will talk with them.
Wehere the poblem is precipitated by the father demanding a divorce, it is he who should explain himself to them, but he would pobably want to avoid taking responsibility for this.
Sadag may know of free therapy or counselling, and the depts of psychiatry and psychology og your nearest medical school may alson be able to help

3
Posted by: Lin | 2010-05-27

Call SADAG (number at top of page). They''ll be able to recommend someone in your area.

Reply to Lin
Posted by: Maria | 2010-05-27

CS can''t make recommendations but if you tell us where you are situated, perhaps someone else on the forum can.

For yourself you can try Lifeline, they also do face to face counselling.

Reply to Maria