Posted by: mandi | 2010-04-29

i just want to know, how long does it take for the pill to wear out before i can get pregnant? im going to the dr in 3 months they have to cut abnormal cells out at my cervix, will that effect anything if i want to get pregnant someday?

Dear Mandi

In general it would take approximately one to two months for your cycle to return to normal and therefore then you would be able to achieve a pregnancy. However it is quite possible that immediately after stopping the pill you may still be able to fall pregnant. I would therefore suggest that you continue using the pill until the abnormal cells are removed and you have healed fully before stopping the pill and trying to attempt a pregnancy.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo