Question
Posted by: nipho | 2010-04-16

help

I''m 1.48m and I weigh 57kg. I''m only 20 years old! I somehow gained alot of weight when I Got to varsity (its my second year), I use to be 1.4 m and weigh 40kg in high school. I eat a lot when i''m stressed and when i''m studying and i''m always craving carbs. I really want to lose weight for my friends wedding in september.

Dear Nipho
Your present BMI = 26 which is above the upper level of the normal range (18-25). To achieve an ideal BMI of 22, you need to weigh 48 kg which means a loss of 9 kg. I understand that it is difficult to do this while you are at Varsity, but do try using an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). The exercise is important because if you can do 30 min a day, this will not only promote weightloss, but also improve blood circulation to the brain and help with the studies! On this type of regimen you should lose between 0,5 to 1 kg per week, so in 5 months until September a loss of 9 kg should be achievable.
Good luck with the studies

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-04-17

Dear Nipho
Good luck with the studies