Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2010-04-14

help!!

I had bulimia and lossed a lot of weight and then I stopped and gained 10 kgs and I am now overwieght again, as my BMI is 26. I am now binge eating and making myself sick again but I still gain weight. Is there a healthy diet that I can follow that will make me lose weigth? I can''t see a therapist or neutritionist.

Dear Help!
It is essential that you do get some expert help from a dietitian because you are obviously not managing on your own and keep on falling back into your eating disorder habits. For your own sake before you ruin your health and future, please at least contact a dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about 'Eating Disorders' by surfing on this site.
Get help and take care

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-04-15

Dear Help!
Get help and take care