Posted by: Battling | 2010-03-31

Hi, i have been trying to conceive for over three years, we came to the conclusion that i am not ovulating on my own so i take 50mg clomid or fertomid. My insulin is apparently borderline 10. I take 500mg glucophage once a day for that.Accordign to my calculations I need to lose about 30kg, what is the easiest, healthiest way to go about this? Thanks in advance

Dear Battling
If you have insulin resistance (IR) then it is essential to consult a clinical dietitian, because the correct diet is one of the most important factors in treatment. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area. The dietitian will take your IR, medications and other conditions such as overweight, into account when working out a diet for you, which will be based on low-fat foods with a low glycaemic index (GI). Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The Glycaemic Index' and read the articles on the GI. Also click on ‘Food as Medicine' on the Diet Site and then on ‘Type 2 diabetes’. Regular daily aerobic exercise for at least 30 min per day can also help you to improve your insulin and glucose levels, so start doing an aerobic exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).
Holding thumbs that you will start ovulating