Question
Posted by: annon | 2010/03/19

Help!!

Hello

I am at my wits end. My boyfriend ... who is about to become my husband .... snores terribly.
He snores on his sides as well as on his back.
We have moved in together - as we are getting married in September.
I have resorted to taking sleeping tablets - so that i can get some sleep.
But on the nights i don t take a tablet ... i am drivewn MAD .. with his snoring.
He is a gentle soul and I don t have the heart to tell him that the reason I am up from 00h00 - 0r 03h00 in the morning ... is because he snores so loudly I cannot sleep.

He eats quite a bit of fruit and sugar - could that be the cause ....

Not sure what to do - even thinking of calling off the wedding cos I don t want to take sleeping tablets for the rest of my life ....

Please help !

Expert ImageSleep Expert

It has nothing to do with what he is eating. It is very likely an issue with his breathing during his sleep. This is potentially a serious problem, which could have major health issues - like being uninsurable!!

It is essential that you discuss this with him - don't pussy-foot around - and drag him if need be to a sleep doctor, who will be able to investigate the cause, treat it, and hopefully give him a long and healthy life!

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/03/19

Reply to Sleep expert