Question
Posted by: World is upside down | 2009-10-30

Help!!!!

This year has been hectic. I had a few artificial inseminations, which failed and was told that there is very little that can be done. I got depressed after that and my doc put me on cipralex. It certainly helps.

But I have had a series of events since then. My dad suffered a stroke. My gran was in ICU for a month after surgery. My aunt passed away this weekend. A good friend killed himself on Tuesday night. And my uncle had surgery yesterday and now he is on life support. Doesn' t look good. He is in a very critical condition.
I feel so anxious. I feel as if I need a long sleep and when I wake up, everyone will be well.

Am I being over emotional or is it normal for me to feel so sad right now and just feel like everything is so bleak? I haven' t been able to even concentrate on work since Wednesday. I can' t focus.

Shouldn't you be seeing a counsellor to help you cope with these many stressors ? Even the strongest of us crumble a little when the number of challenging events within one year gets just too much. Its not at all surprising that you feel a bit overwhelmed and sad.

3
Posted by: ali | 2009-11-02

its totally normal what you are feeling
try to find some activities/pasttimes you really enjoy..a ndmake time for them, walks in the forest, drawing, dancing, meditating, baking ..whatever. burn essential oils and candles at night.. very calming. and make sure you get some excerseice every day..really does lift ones mood.
lots of love
Ali

Reply to ali
Posted by: Bee | 2009-10-30

Why not try to take some nerve tonic just to calm the nerves and perhaps camomile tea.
Can you take some time off work and go shopping (shop therapy), perhaps stay with a good friend or family and use bonding and quiet time to find yourself, read a book and listen to soothing music at the same time (keeps the brain very busy) just try to gather your bearings by doing things to keep calm.
Things will eventually come to a point where you can then make sober decisions.

Reply to Bee