Posted by: Judy | 2009-06-25

What do I do to get my legs to get fatter, they are thin around the ankles, I can' t stnad them this thin, peple make fun of thin legs, so once has to hide them
Can you help?

HI Judy

I presume you mean more muscular - people rarely want to get fatter.

Now, I'm not sure where exactly the problem is - is it the calf muscle? If that's the case, then you can do a number of calf exercises. Cycling would help, but you'd have to do quite a bit of it to see results. More effective are calf raises, which you can do either seated or standing. I'm not sure if you're at a gym, they have machines to help you do this. Alternatively, all you need is body weight and a step, and stand with your heels hanging off the back of the step. Then rise up onto your toes and lower yourself down slowly - don't bounce, rather go up and down slowly with control.

Do three sets of 15 raises three times a day and see if that works. I hope that's the right area, I must confess I don't fully understand the question.