Question

help!!

i tested my 14 year old boy and he was positive for dagga
he does not want to talk to me as to what the problem is and i dont know how long is he using it
my brother inlaw gave him a hiding with the shambok for still lying to us and saying he is not smoking it i took his phone,not giving him spending
but from here on what do i do

I'm not sure whether the chemical tests that would be available to you are reliable ( that's not my area of expertise ). A hiding, let alone with a sjambok, is child abuse, and totally unacceptable --- and completely unhelpful in this sort of situation. He should be taken to see a good shrink who works with children and adolescents, who, if smpathetic and pleaant, is likely to find out far more of what you all need to know, and can advise usefully on how best to help tge child. If he is indeed smoking dagga at 14, that is grounds for concern, and needs help to help him to want to stop ; and the experience of such a beating will probably cause more damage than the dagga, and will also need to be dealt with.
CC --- if he had more hidings like that, he may have started smoking even earlier.

3
Posted by: CC | 2009-05-05

MAYBE IF HE HAD MORE HIDDINGS IN HIS LIFE HE WOULD NOT BE SMOKING DAGGA NOW

Reply to CC
Posted by: Hope* | 2009-05-05

Physical abuse will certainly not help the situation. Take him to a psychologist for counselling.

Reply to Hope*
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-05-05

How can you hit a 14yr old boy!
Shame, I feel sorry for him and I think that was the wrong thing to do even though he is smoking dagga.

Reply to Kelly