Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2009/03/14

Help

Hi dr, i had a break through bleed and i am still bleeding after 2 weeks also have cysitist so dr gave antibiotics and cycklohpron for the bleeding (which dont really help) i take a myprodol when i have pain, went for pelvic sonar was fine except for uterus lining thats still thick, does this mean i am still going to bleed long? My appetite is also gone and i get nausause if i eat. . Can only deal with rusks, yogurt. Seeing my dr monday again, should i just persevere and then switch to stronger pill? I am on mercilon. My body is so messed up now.

Kasandra

I suggest that you continue with Mercilon. It is a low dose estrogen combination oral contraceptive and will in time correct your menstrual cycle. Unfortunately, the thickened endometrium will cause break through bleeding, especially when the estrogen level in the pill decreases. This will however, normalise in a matter of time (one cycle).