Posted by: Anon | 2009-02-26

Hi Doc I generally use cyclogest,to help with the lining etc.However my doctor has now presribed utrogestan.It is cheaper but I have to ask does it do the same thing as the cyclogest?I am currently 8 weeks preggies and I am very worried as I have had MC'  s in the past.I spoke to my doctors receptionist she advised that cyclogest and utrogestan do the same thing but I wanted to ask you for your opinions.I am worried cause my last MC occured at 13 weeks....will utrogestion help?I am aslo due to under go a stitch in week 13.

Will utrogestan do the sam ething as cyclogest , what is the difference.

Dear Anon

At our centre we tend to use Uterogestan and Cyclogest interchangeably. Although we favour Cyclogest there appears to be no adverse effect of the Uterogestan thus far.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: annalize | 2009-04-17

Kindly advise where we can obtain this medicine, as we have been informed that the company making this medicine has closed down and i need to start my course tomorrow the 18/04/2009. i live in Pretoria, Gauteng.

Reply to annalize