Question
Posted by: Yas | 2009-02-08

Help

Hi doc I am having a serious problem I am 22 years old with a long history of anxiety attacks! I had a relapse september last year which means I was put back on medication that being cipramil 40mg I train alot doing strength training at the gym the problem is since December I started experienced symptoms where if I did an exercise which required me to lie down or lie back at 90 degree after exerting myself I would get up my head would feel full and I would be dizzy if I exterted more I would get even more dizzy on getting up! now I have been to a doc who said its postural hypotension but noway can it last so long then I went to an ENT who pressumed it could be vertigo but I took the meds and I still feel the same! Also my doc does not think its the cipramil as I have been on it before and trained fine! could I have a deficieny in a mineral or something? I had a cardiac workup done 1 and half years ago and I was fine should I have one again?I am concerned because gym is my life it helps my anxiety I just need finanlity on what this could be!

Yas

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is most likely severe postural hypo-tension. To confirm this, you should have your blood pressure done after exertion or exercise, in a lying down position and then immediately after getting up. Your symptoms should then be evaluated in the light of your blood pressure readings.