Question
Posted by: Mia | 2009-01-12

HElp

My boyfriend has a huge family and sometimes i am not ready to meet them and we end up having a fight about that because he thinks im not social, i agree with him about that, So i have decided to be more open to his suggests to work on changing that part of my self because it is important to him that his family accepts me.

Please help with how to be more social?

IS this a basic degree of shyness, even, if severe, of social anxiety disorder ? Otherwise, some of us are just less sociable than others, less likely to enjoy the compant of groups of other people, rather than individuals. Are there specific reasons why his family might not accept you ? ( other than perhaps them feeling puzzled that you seem uneasy about meeting them ? ) Best work with a CBT counsellor to enhance your self-esteem and self-confidence, and your comfort in groups --- then there may be little more that is needed

3
Posted by: Mia | 2009-01-14

Thank you very much for your responce, The reaso i feel they might not accept me is maybe they think i am a cold person or i think i am better, or something, but the fact is i take a bit more time to wam up to people i have just met. I just dont know what to talk about with them...

Where can i get old of a CBT Councellor?

Reply to Mia
Posted by: Ja | 2009-01-12

Sorry - wrong thread.

Reply to Ja
Posted by: Ja | 2009-01-12

Too many people know about it and now its on a public forum? all you need is someone to make the connection.

I feel sorry for your husband.

Reply to Ja