Posted by: Jane Doe | 2008-12-10

My nephew of 4yr old is staying with my parent and myself, because his mother is unstable and his father got cancer (they are not married). He is out of control, he pass on rude remarks and tends to hit person out of the blue.

For instance, he will hit my boyfriend in the groan area and throw rude comments. Due to this my relationship with my boyfriend is in a very bad patch.

He also tend to back chat and throw tantrums. His father allows him to do what he please and pratically gets away with everything.
Please help me.

OK, he comes from what sounds like a confusing background, with adults who may be having major difficulty coping with their own problems, and who are not providing him with the basic discipline he needs. His father by letting him do as he pleases, is teaching him to be selfish and bad-mannered, which is most unfortunate. If you'll check the archives of this forum I have discussed the basics of building a basic system of discipline, rules and consequences. But there needs to be agreement and and consistency between the adults in his life, or he will continue to be a very confused little boy. If you have acces to DSTV, look for the Little Angel / Supernanny / tiny Tearaways series, which illustrate the necessary steps excellently