Posted by: VERA | 2008-11-26

I have depression and see a therapist.However lately it is just getting worse and I feel I have lost control of it.I am to tired to resist anymore and am emotionally exhausted.usually I have ups and downs and when I have my downs I crash break down cry let it all out and then I get back up again.Now I crash and I am just still down I dont seem to be going back up again.I cant handle having this anymore I need to overcome this....I know it will never go but I need to see some light at the end of the tunnel.My life is not bad, I have a good life but this is ruining it for me and I cant carry on like this.What can I do??

Sorry to hear about this --- have you discussed this frankly with your therapist ? Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) is the only form of psychotherapy with good evidence that it really helps in Depression, and other forms either dont work or only work partially. And antiodepressants are usually needed AS WELL. It certainly should be possible to get through this present episode, learn to prevent some and handle other future episodes better, and enjoy life between them, too. Maybe a second opinion to review your diagnisis and treatment ? No good shrink should ever object to such a request

Posted by: VERA | 2008-11-26

My Shrink is a CBT therapist and when I see her I feel good afterwards but it always goes back to the same old thing.

I just dont feel like I am getting anywhere, I have no hope.

I cant keep putting my family through this and I need a solution to the problem.I cant keep going on talking to people and never getting any better.

I am currently on Nuzak but have gotten to the stage where I dont think they are helping anymore.

I feel so lost and I just feel like I cant get anyone to understand.I am in depsperate need of help and it seems either I hide it really well (doubt it) or they just dont seem to see how serious this is.

I feel like I need to get away from everything but there is no where to go, no escape and i feel helpless

Reply to VERA