Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2008/09/11

help

hi, please assist me .stopped pill dec 07. never had a period by myself since.trying for a baby thus i was put on provera twice and used clomid once. no luck.was told its pcos.went for ovarian drilling 5 aug 08.no period yet.basically this is taking strain on me.i find myself so depressed.i just want to speed the process or do the next step asap just to have a baby,my gynae says wait 3 months then well try clomid again if no period comes.is there anything else that wpuld work quicker and she put me on glucopgage for 1 month.thanks

Dear Anonymous

The impression that is given is that of fairly resistant polycystic ovarian syndrome which will require rather strong ovulation induction methods to achieve ovulation. However since ovarian drilling is just recently being done it would be advisable to allow a period of recovery and may be some a good response may be obtained using the Clomid stimulation method. However if the Clomid fails to induce follicle growth and ovulation I would strongly recommend that you opt for IVF.

Answered by: Dr.M.I.Cassim