Question
Posted by: Lee | 2008/09/02

Help

Is it normal to get cravings to have sex and get really horny. I' m a girl and 15, How do i stop these cravings?

Help plz

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Lee,

these are sexual feelings and urges rather than cravings. Feeling this way is entirely normal and are even more heightened during the teenage years. Even though you feel this way it is important to remember that you dont have to engage in sex just because you feel sexual.

The legal age for consent to sex in RSA is 16 years

3
Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/08

Only my pleasure to help.

Reply to Kman
Posted by: Lee | 2008/09/06

Tx, will try that

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Kman | 2008/09/03

Hi There,

Yes it is completely normal. You must rememeber that your hormones in your body are going crazy. So yes you will get cravings and get horny.
I am not sure how you can stop these cravings because I know how hard that can be, trust me being a guy and growing up was not easy in that department. Try take your mind off these feelings go for a walk or just try and distract yourself in anyway you can.
If these feelings get so intense and they seem to be engulfing you, before you just go out and have sex (bad idea) why not just masturbate? I know there is a huge stigma around masturbation but it IS completely normal and there is nothing wrong with doing it.
If you do end up having sex PLEASE make sure you are ready (I would suggest waiting for a while) and PLEASE use a condom, this can help in preventing unwanted pregnancies and STD' s.

Reply to Kman