Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/08/11

Help

Dear dietdoc pls help i got my excercise to 5 times a week, my problem i am a fuzzy eater and dont eat meat/nuts etc ones a week bit of chicken, this influence my energy: eating plan: breakfast 30g muesli / snack 200ml fatfree milk 30g whey protein + fruit / lunch 150g premade meal veg lasagne or lentils boboti / snack 200ml whey p.shake / dinner all bran + banana. Take vitb+mag. Proxiden. Q10enzyme cholestrol pill: drink green tea and 250ml game when training. 1 cup of tea

Dear Kasandra
As you say you are a fussy eater and the diet you describe probably does not provide sufficient energy to sustain your exercise schedule. Carbohydrates are the best source of energy and at the moment you seem to concentrate on eating milk and whey proteins. It is also very possible that your lack of energy is due to an iron deficiency seeing that you are avoiding sources of readily available iron (e.g. red meat, fish, eggs). It may be a good idea to ask your gp to test your iron levels to see if you have an iron and/or a vit B12 deficiency which can cause anaemias that can make you feel tired. If you are not a vegetarian then it would be a good idea to include red meat in your diet at least 3 times a week, but have that checkup so that we can find out what is sapping your energy.