Question
Posted by: Lua | 2011-05-30

HELLP

Hi there,

I suffer from a lot of stress and anxiety. I have been on Cilift for about 2 and a half weeks now. My period is meant to come in the next few days.

For the last couple of days I have been experiencing a few silly feelings. I have only been sexually active for two months cause I only got married two months ago. Crazy I know, waiting till I found the right guy and I am 26 now. Intercourse wasn''''t unpleasant at all the first time, a bit sore, but I guess that was normal.

Ever since then I have experienced that is is harder for him to enter me. Like it doesn''''t wanne go in. Can this be from the stress and anxiety? Also, I have got an irritating feeling in my lower abdomen, like the muscles there is tight all the time...can this also be from stress?

Stress and anxiety is definitely a bedroom thriller!...it often contributes to a lot of frustration as the person battles to get into their bodies and remain in their heads; battle to relax; do not feel a desire for sex; etc. The fact that you experienced some “pain” during your first intercourse; coupled with your level of stress and anxiety could most definitely contribute to you experiencing difficulty with relaxing and thus resulting in him having difficulty to enter. The terminology that is often used for this “tight vagina that makes it difficult to enter” is vaginismus – it might be worth it for you to read a bit up on that. You and your partner need to explore exercises to assist you to relax and feel comfortable before he even enters. Exercises that can most definitely assist is called “kegel exercises” (“google” it and you will get several write ups on that) – the exercises are specifically focusing on assisting you to gain more control over the muscles that are directly involved during sex. It might be worth it to also seek the professional assistance from a Medical doctor or Psychologist that specifically deals with sexual concerns. Feel free to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.

Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

3
Posted by: Cruz | 2011-05-30

use lubrication

Reply to Cruz
Posted by: Anon | 2011-05-30

Not silly at all saving yourself for marriage. You are to be commended and praised for doing that.

Posted by: sexologist | 2011-05-30

Reply to sexologist