Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/04/18

Hello

Hi Cybie

Glad you had a great time in Cape Town. I love Cape Town its so beautiful here, the sea, the mountain and everything its got to offer.

Thank you for again putting things into perspective for me. I actually have friends who respect my decision not to drink and support me in that decision which like you point out makes it a lot easier. The fact is there is that hidden RED alert trigger within me which will never go away and I never know when the alarm will go off.

I am really loving the fact that I can stick to being a " veggie"  and appreciate not only what it brings to my life but also those around me, def will adopt that attitude towards drinking... Alcohol = Little Lamb to be avoided at all cost.
Can you believe it that cooking and working with food is actually very enjoyable for me. Food is a delight. I really never thought I would ever reach that goal.

I went to visit my great aunt in Paarl on Sunday, spoke to her about not going to the doctor and explained to her how worried I am and that it really makes me really worried that she will not go to the doctor and if she can''t do it for her she must do it for me. My mom will take her when they are back from easter weekend. She seems better and I try to phone her everyday and just make a fuzz and show her that she is still very important.

Took my little boy for a run this morning his a staffie and 6 months old.

Focusing on the things in life that is important.

Yup. Every time you feel tempted by an alcoholic drink, think of it as requiring a little lamb gets strangeled, and turn away ! Hope the Great Aunt agrees to get the assessment and help she needs ( well done there ) and returns to her great auntness.

1