Question
Posted by: kasandra | 2010/08/19

hello

Hi Cybie, things are going ok my side, tomorrow it would be first month booze free, feeling more confident and at ease with everything, unfortunately still have insomnia at night, nervous energy is fine during day cause I utilise it to do my work, domestic duties at home, go to gym but the only downfall is the being wide awake at night, been taking a quater of a sleeping tablet every now and again, but don''t know what to do, surely I am going to crash and burn if I can''t switch off at night.

You know, one factor a lot of people overlook is WHEN they go to gym. When one does this in the evenings, it can rev up your brain rather a lot and make it harder to sleep afterwards. An early-morning gym slot may work better.

Rather than rushing about all day and evening, then lying down and expecting to slumber, try to USE the extra time constructively - boring chores, catching up on reading or studies, letter-writing, whatever is useful and
unexciting. Then when you feel a bit drowsy, go to bed. Id after 15 minutes you're still awake, don't toss and turn but get up again for more boring and low-key activities until drowsy again. Warm milky drinks help, too

1