Posted by: Tal | 2009-02-10

Helicobacter Pylori

I have been diagnosed with Helicobacter Pylori. I took antibiotics, nexium and altosec and nothing seems to help. Is it possible that the first course of antibiotics didn' t cure it and I should go for a second course?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Tal, yes you should go back to your Dr and ask him to advise and understand why the antibiotics did not work, before simply just taking another course. Perhaps you need a different antibiotic.
If you are willing, add the probiotic REUTERI, it is natural and available without a prescription. There is some good promising scientific data which supports the fact that REUTERI is active against H.pylori AND it will decrease any potential side-effects of medication (e.g. antibiotics).

Posted by: tummy | 2009-03-15

I had a stomach ulcer for 2 years now. Luckilly the last camera results in a clean foto. (26Jan09) Now the trouble is starting all over again. I Am on 2 antibiotics and nexium again. Will it ever stop. Please I use herbal tonics and I follow an alcaline diet. Why does the pest keep coming back?

Reply to tummy
Posted by: nutguru | 2009-02-13

hi tal

if i understand correctly.. i hope u would have gone thru endoscopy and biopsy.. triple theraphy is the best way to treat h pylori..

gasec + motillium ( before food ) 30 days 1 - 0 -1
tavanic 1 0 0 + klaribac 1 0 1( after food ) 10 days
should help

follow this by using probiotics.. lactovita..
also consume as much of yoghurt.. and avoid jices. better to have fruits directlly., go fro brown rice.. avoid gluten /wheat..

hope this helps solve ur problem
good luck

Reply to nutguru