Question
Posted by: SARAH | 2009-10-26

HEELS

I HAVE RECENTLY STARTED TAKING WALKING UP AGAIN AND MY HEELS HURT CONSTANTLY. THEY THROB ALL THE TIME. I DO GO TO GYM REGULARLY AND DO STRETCH. I NEVER WEAR HIGH HEELS. I HAVE ALSO STARTED GETTING CRACKED HEELS WHICH I NEVER HAD. PLEASE HELP

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Sarah

Whenever you start walking or exercising there is a risk of injury as your body adapts to the increase in workload. Heel injury is a very common foot complaint when starting out. It is very important to stretch your calf muscles regularly and to build up your program gradually. Make sure you have a suitable pair of shoes. I would also suggest regularly rubbing cream into your heaals to keep the skin soft and supple.

Chris

1
Posted by: Foot expert | 2009-10-29

Dear Sarah

Chris

Reply to Foot expert