Posted by: jenny | 2009-03-12

heel tenderness,redness on one side ankl

I have a tender spot on my one heel its comes and goes its redish in colour and is tender when you rub on that spot it also feels like a hard spot under the skin a podiast didnt know what it was. I do have very sore feet around the area beneath my toes i found some croc sandals that are amazing if anyone has sore feet cannot wear anything else They are not cheap but worth every cent if you have problem feet Many Thanks Jenny

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Jenny

The spot on your heel could be many things depending on its location. If it really becomes an issue the best thing would be to have an MRI scan done which will give you an accurate diagnosis.
I agree about the crocs. They are very useful for painful feet, the only problems are that thorns can go through them into the foot which makes them dangerous for diabetics, or they can aggrevate achilles tendonitis because they are quite flat.