Question
Posted by: Faheem Akhter | 2010-03-08

Heel pain

I have sever pain in right since 6-8 months. Blood urea is normal
Want to know the reason.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Faheem
I have no idea why you have pain- please consult your GP for an examination and possible x-rays

2
Posted by: Linda | 2010-03-28

Hi Faheem. It sounds like you may have a bone spur in your heel. i have one, it''s very painful, and it''s so much worse in the mornings when you get up, and try to walk. I''ve gone to a podiatrist, and they''ve given me inserts for my shoes, which do help alot with the pressure. What has also helped tremendously, is my GP gave me a cortisone injection, right in the heel where it''s sore. That did last a couple of months, and with some people, they have that cortisone injection and they are fine. Mine is however quite sore again. The last resort is to operate and remove that spur, but apparently it''s quite a tricky op, and the orthopedics only do it as a last resort. An x-ray will show if you have a bone spur or not. A strong anti-inflammatory is a temporary relief as well. Good luck!!

Reply to Linda
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010-03-23

Dear Faheem

Reply to Healthy Bones