Question
Posted by: Worried | 2010/08/25

Heeelp

Im from a family which used to fight a lot while i was little, as a result i would usually get scared to a point were i could get no sleep, even if it was a small argument i would get so scared while others just let it slide.

Even when having sex at some point i become anxious to a point were i loose my erection and cant get it back until a different occassion now im 24 and i tend to worry almost about everything recently im constantly worried about my partner''s sexual history of which she has told me, i know she had a number of partners before me, but the thought of being in a serious relationship with a woman who has slept with other men seems to digust me, to a point were we had an argument her telling me that im judging her based on what she did in the past.

I really need help in dealing with this but dont know were to start please advise

Anxiety is brilliant as an erection-killer. And as a sleep-disturber. But more broadly, you seem to be describing perhaps an anxious personality, or someone with an anxiety disorder. It'd be best to see a good local shrink for a proper assessment, and a discussion of treatment options, both medicinal ( for instance some drugs also used in treating Depression can be excellent in calming anxiety ) and psychological - counselling / psychotherapy of the CBT format can help greatly in controlling anxiety, in helping you to recognize and deal with triggers of your anxiety, and to learn to calm yourself whenever necessary

1