Posted by: A | 2009-08-24

heavy prolonged period

i usually have irregular periods but this time i am a little worried. i started last tuesday and have had it heavy and non stop since. i usually have it about 6 days but with a break in between and only heavy for first 2 days. but i have been having clots and extreme heavy for 7 days now and still no sign its easing. should i be worried at all?

It sounds like you are not ovulating and this is causing the problem. Start the Diane with the active pills. You may not have your next period at the expected time though.

Posted by: A | 2009-08-25

update: day9 with very big clots - golf ball size. I went to doc. he did a scan.
he says something about lining very thick which is causing the clots.
he gave me Diane for hormone imbalance (not sure if I want this though as im 29 with a 5 year old daughter. haven' t used contraception in years as it always made me bleed for long and I mite want to extend my family soon)
and he gave me cyklokapron for the bleeding.
so if I start the diane tomorrow where should I start it? it will be a wednesday but should I start in the white as it will be day 10 tomorrow if I still have it. please advise as like I said I don' t have much experience in the past with pills.
thank u.

Reply to A