Posted by: Sue2 | 2009-01-15

Heavy periods, short cycle

After many year (I' m 38) of having a normal 28 day cycle, my last period lasted 10 days, all 10 days being extremely heavy with a lot of clots, it stopped suddenly like a tap being turned off. Now, 11 days after the bleeding stopped, I have come on again - and instead of a gradual spotting leading up to the period, I have started very heavily straight away. I' m no more stressed than usual, and can only get an appointment with my doc on Monday.
What could be the problem here?

many thanks (again)

HI Sue2
This is due to an abnormal hormone cycle - you may have an ovarian cyst or thyroid problems. Your doctor will probably do a sonar and some blood tests to find the cause