Posted by: kogie | 2009-04-29

heavy periods and period pain.

daughter is 18yrs old.first 2 days of period is very heavy and painful.uses 2 pads but do not help.very uncomfortable.what is reason and how can resolve.please help

Expert ImageTeen expert

Please post your question to our GynaeDoc here at Health24

She should visit a gynae. The one thing she can do is to go on the pill. I had a similar problem, very heavy bleeding &  lots of pain. I am Indian &  suffered for yrs becos Indians are always too concerned about what everyone else thinks of them &  about getting a bad reputation. My mum wouldn' t consider me going to a gynae because people would think I was ' fast'  &  would talk. So I went on my own to the doc &  got on the pill.

Posted by: Nicol | 2009-04-29

Reply to Nicol