Question
Posted by: Thuli | 2011/02/11

Heavy periods and clotting

I''ve been on my period for the past 10 days. it started ok with normal flow. in the last 6 days its been very heavy with a lot of clotting. every time i go to the toilet there''s a clot coming out. is this normal?

Please give more details about what your periods are usually like, if you are contraception, if this is the first time it has happened.

3
Posted by: Beryl | 2011/02/14

I''m 48 years, on Premelle Cycle 5, periods were erratic &  heavy with clotting at stages.GP suggested Premelle, am still bleeding for +/- 2 weeks at times. Is this normal?

Reply to Beryl

Posted by: PUrple | 2011/02/11

No its not. You should see the gynae.

Whenever your period lasts longer than usual and doesn''t get lighter towards the end it is a good idea to see the doctor.

Reply to PUrple