Question
Posted by: Momof2 | 2012/10/09

Heavy periods

Dear Doc

I no longer know how to deal with my problem, I have such heavy periods, they start with spotting 7 days before the actual periods and the only time I know when the real ones have started is the heaviness. I have even been put on Iron supplements because I got diziness from lack of iron in the blood. 10 - 14 days of periods is definately not normal. I am not in any form of contraception as I have battled infertility since my adult years, my kids were born from IVF. I am currently 38 years old with no intention of having another child.

I tried putting a loop on doctors suggestions but it was such a painful exercise I asked the gynae to stop. What else can I do as he refused to do something permanent as he believes it is not ethical to do that in a woman who is still in a child bearing age.

I presume that there is nothing wrong with the womb or ovaries. You could have the Mirena inserted under anaesthetic or you could try the Pill or injectable. Both of these tend to make periods lighter.

2

Posted by: N | 2012/10/14

Doesnt sound right at all. Have you been for a check up lately ?? Maybe something else going on here.

Reply to N