Question
Posted by: sid | 2011/09/23

Heavy periods

Hello doc,

i had the problem of heavy bleeding during my periods. this condition prevails for almost an yr. i met a gynaec who gave me tablets just to control the flow but the problem continued after i discontinued the tablets. recently i met an another gynaec who did a scan and found a small abnormal growth in my uterus. she told that it was a five week embryo which failed to develop further. what is this condition called? what is the reason behind the incomplete devepment of the embryo? will this affect my future pregnancy? i have a kid who will turn 2 in another 2 months who is still breastfed and am 26 yrs old. and what is the right way of treatment for this problem?

This is called a missed abortion and the treatment is a D&C. It should not affect future pregnancies and the reason is usually unknown.

2
Posted by: kenny | 2011/09/27

i dont see any menstruation at all im 31 years of age

Reply to kenny