Question
Posted by: Pam | 2009/09/14

Heavy periods

Hi Doc, I am 41 years old. All my life I had very light periods and no PMS or any period pains or anything. I came for 2 to 3 days very light. Recently I have develop this heavy periods and feel sick about a week before the bleeding starts. I have headach' s , swolen and sore breasts and just feel down and sick. The periods are so heavy that I wake up at knight and everything is full of blood. Is this normal at my age, and is it maybe menapuase? Should I see my gynea? I have been for my yearly check up in January!

You could have polyps or fibroids or a cyst causing the heavy periods, so do see your gynae.