Question
Posted by: Celeste | 2011/01/25

Heavy period 13 days straight! HELP!

I am 25 years old and have always had regular periods. It usually lasts 5 days. And then this month it won''t stop! I am now on day 13 and what concerns me more than that is the fact that the flow is constant (not lessening) and it is very heavy. Not only that but I am discharging flesh pieces the size of the palm of my hand ALL DAY. The tolerable thing about this is I am not experiencing pain at all. Please note I am not on birth control and have no kids.

Can anyone relate or offer some advice?

You need to see your doctor to determine what the problem is. It could be a problem with the cervix or uterus, or it could be hormonal.

4

Posted by: Flower | 2011/01/25

Could be a possible miscarraige

Reply to Flower
Posted by: Nini | 2011/01/25

go see a doctor... ASAP! This does not sound right, especially that there is " flesh"  coming out. Sounds like something from the womb, or a bad infection or something.

Reply to Nini
Posted by: Purple | 2011/01/25

Phone your gynae and try to get an appointment for today or tomorrow. This is not normal.

If the receptionist refuses to give you an appointment, go and see your GP as they will be able to get you an emergency appointment with the gynae (or if its not serious, they''ll sort the problem out for you themselves).

Reply to Purple