Posted by: ROSY | 2012-09-07

I am 45yrs and have a problem of cycle which changes everytime and my menstrual is heavy. I once seen the Gynae and he gave me tablets to use but the problem persist. What can I do? Papsmear has been done everything is normal

I suggest that you consult your GP for blood tests to exclude diabetes, hypothyroidism and bleeding disorders, to investigate your heavy menstruation. Your GP should also do a full blood count to determine if you are suffering from anemia, due to your heavy menstruation. It is possible that you are entering menopause and your GP will be able to assist with blood tests, to evaluate your hormonal profile. Medication can be prescribed to treat your heavy menstruation.