Question
Posted by: Fifi | 2010-04-02

Heavy legs and tired feet, painful heels

Dear doc. I am desperate for advice it has been almost 2mnths since i have this gain in both my legs aching and feet with my heels being very painful i cant even walk on my feet and im not over weight. Please help!

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

The most likely cause for your symptoms is that you have a condition called "plantar fasciitis". That is a painful imflammation of the arch support of the foot. You should see a podiatrist who will give you the correct shoe inserts adn even night splints that often help very nicely

dr de Beer

4
Posted by: Tony Paladin | 2010-08-10

I suffer from severe foot pain at the bottom of my foot in the middle. I have had anti-inflammitory injections and pain killers. The pain persists. I have had cortizone injections in the heel. I have done some research regarding plantar fasciitis. Unfortunately my medical aid will not pay for a podiatrist consultation. How can I be certain. I do suffer from osteo-arthritis 4th degree. I have also had a right knee replacement. The foot in question is the left foot.

Reply to Tony Paladin | 1 comment (hide)

There is a doctor on you tube that explains how your foot muscles work and what to do. I do it twice a day, takes 2 minutes and had a 90% improvement.

Posted by: shiela | 2010-04-19

i am diebetic, and of recently getting too much pins &  needles in my feet with pain in the toes.

Reply to shiela
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010-04-04

dr de Beer

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum