Posted by: Ronnie | 2012-11-23

Heavy Heart beat

I have been experiancing what I would call " thumping/heavy"  heartbeat whilst resting. I am a runner and my HR monitor shows rate within normal range with exercising, resting HR around 60bpm and BP is also within normal range (blood donar). I was diganosed with " Barlows Sydrome floppy heart valve"  about 12 years ago but this has never really been an issue, and have completed 10 Comrades with this condition. Any ideas as to what the heavy heartbeat cause might be?

It can be due to the fact that you are a strong, healthy person and more aware of your heart beat. I do however, suggest that you consult your doctor for an echo cardiogram to evaluate your heart.

Posted by: Leila | 2012-11-25

Ten Comrades Marathon! Wow!
I really dont know what could be the cause but indigestion could also be one of the reasons for it. What do you think?

Reply to Leila