Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2012/03/05

Heavy heart

Hi CS,
Today I feel completely at a loss for the reason we live. I love my children but will they really be happy with me. It is still another year before the possibility that they come back to me. It kills me when they visit to take them back, then the fiance doesn''t make it easier either, he has the cheek to tell me he doesn''t trust me, that I have other men in my life which I don''t. I would not do that to him or myself, I do have respect for myself at least on that front.
I just am so tired of having to battle things out with the family, about my kids and then having to stroke his ego because he is insecure. I just wish what he said''s wouldn''t affect me in this way.
Take Care, just wanted to get some of the feelings out and just so so tired, physically, mentally and emotionally.

One good reason for continuing to live when one finds one seems to have lost site of the reason for doing so, is to still be here when you re-discover the reason for it. Meanwhile, one needs to work hard with one's psychotherapist to understand and reverse one's long-term habit of self-defeating and self-damaging choices and behaviours.
I'm really not sure you need a fiancee at times like this, especially not an unsupportive one who undermines your confidence. Work with your shrink to regain the self-confidence not to need a man in your life, especially until you develop better skills ar choosing worthy men. You don't need to allow his comments to bother you at all.

2
Posted by: Opinion | 2012/03/05

Time and time again you have been advised to forget men and work with your therapist to make progress in turning your life around. But time and time again you post problems only you can solve with hard work on your part. What is your therapist doing? this is getting tiresome..........

Reply to Opinion