Posted by: Maritza | 2009-03-24

Heavy bleeding,cramping and 6days late

Last week I was supposed to start my period and since I have been on the pill my menstration has always been on time. I was 6 days late when I started getting very bad cramping in my lower abdomen and having very heavy bleeding that did not look like it normally did. With the heavy bleeding I also noticed blood clots where visible,I was also very tired. After 3 days the bleeding stopped.This was all very unusuall for me because my period is normally on time and lasts for five days. The last time my period was this short was just before I found out I was pregnant with my son. What could be the cause of this?

A late period followed by heavy bleeding sounds like an early miscarriage. I would suggest that you see your doctor for a check.