Question
Posted by: June | 2008/06/19

Heavy bleeding and pain

Hi doc,

Am taking cyklokapron for a few days and a pain killer. However, what should I do if I am still experiencing a lot of pain? Doc I can really tolerate pain and won't really complain unless it's unbearable, but this morning I could barely make it out of bed.
Doc says I should have the pain killers. But when do I actually get concerned about the pain? How much is worthy of a call to the doc or a visit? I also don't want to seem like one of these crazy patients who is complaining about a bit of pain.

Dear June
June, if your pain is so severe, that you could barely make it out of bed, and despite using pain medication the pain persists then at this stage you should be concerned about the pain. You certainly are not crazy if at this stage you try and get help from your doctor’s to ascertain the cause of the pain and subsequent treatment of it.