Question
Posted by: MR | 2011/04/17

Heavy Bleeding after Myomectomy

It''s now been 10 weeks since the removal of a 10cm fibroid. I am now menstruating for the past the past 7 days, problem is I am still clotting rather heavily. Is this normal? Should I seek further treatment?

As it is the first cycle after your operation, I would suggest that you wait and see. If it does not settle in the next few days, contact your doctor.

3
Posted by: angella lee | 2011/07/14

i did a myomectomy on the 4 july 2011, and i am still having mentral bleeding even heavier.

Reply to angella lee

Posted by: SusanT | 2011/04/18

It sounds like you need to consult with the gynae who performed the myomectomy. The bleeding may be within expected limits but you would want a check-up as a precaution.
Out of interest were you ever offered uterine fibroid embolization as an alternative treatment option?

Reply to SusanT