Question
Posted by: Carol | 2008/10/03

Heavy and irregular bleeding

I" m 38 yrs old. My periods for the past year have become very heavy. At times the clots are very big and the circle is not regurlar anymore. I had the pap smear done and it out came clear. I also experience pain during or after my periods. I also have recurring infections which has been going on for years now. I am not using any contraceptives as they made my problem worse, I was menstruating one way. The doctor advised me to stop using them. What may be the problem?

It could be fibroids or adenomyosis. Have hyou seen a gynaecologist?